2023 HR Checklists – Request Your Copy Today!
Compliance is one of the most complicated burdens that organizations must handle. HR professionals must be familiar with many employment laws, such as the Family Medical Leave Act, the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as regulations and requirements for terminating employees, hiring out-of-state workers and completing Form I-9 internal audits. Smooth and effective processes can help ensure HR professionals comply with relevant laws and regulations and that tasks are well-ordered.
The following checklists can assist HR professionals in developing and maintaining effective processes and help organizations remain compliant.
Complexity of Compliance:
Compliance is a challenging burden for organizations.
HR professionals deal with various employment laws:
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
HR professionals must navigate regulations for:
- Terminating employees
- Hiring out-of-state workers
- Completing Form I-9 internal audits
Importance of Smooth Processes:
Smooth and effective processes are crucial for compliance. Well-ordered tasks enhance compliance with laws and regulations.
Checklists for HR Professionals:
- Checklists are valuable tools for HR professionals.
- They assist in developing and maintaining effective processes.
- Aid in ensuring organizations remain compliant with relevant laws and regulations.
The following checklists are not an all-encompassing list of compliance topics but rather subjects relevant to organizations in 2023. These checklists are intended to be used as guides, and the steps in these lists should be modified to meet the unique needs of your organization. Due to the complexities of
the subjects, organizations are encouraged to seek legal counsel to discuss and address specific issues and concerns.
For more HR-related resources, contact HRPro today.